Saturday, November 10, 2012

Unearthed Arcana Reprints to Include Errata

Apparently the Unearthed Arcana reprints (I know, I know, everyone hates UA for what it did to the game) will include the errata published in Dragon Magazine.  There was a a shit-ton or errata, too.  Somehow over the years I ended up with 4 copies of the book.  Looking back at my original one, I taped the two pages of errata into the book between the last page and the back cover.  Looking at another one of my copies, the previous owner did the same thing. 

Something I never noticed before, and something I would not have paid attention to in November 1985 (age 15) anyhow, not knowing its significance, is that there is a little box wherein it says "Permission is granted to photocopy these pages for personal use only."

That's funny, considering the OD&D books gained such popularity due to early photocopying machines on college campuses.  Also perhaps a bit of a preview, considering how draconian they later became with their idea of copyright and the internet under the tyrannical rule of Rob Repp, their online thug in the early to mid 90's.

http://wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/dndacc/1Eunearthedarcana