Saturday, July 7, 2012

Vesper's Diary: Fiery Slaughter!


A write-up on my ACKS campaign run by Tenkar on G+ on Saturday night, from the POV of my character Vesper, the Nightblade, an elven assassin. 

Well, we cleared out the mines and found some Viz. It was an ingenious plan that the group came up with, under my fine leadership of course, which ended up saving the day. A burning oil filled cart with a bound and ungagged screaming orc in it was sent down the hall, to cause chaos and confusion amongst the orcs, which led to a massive slaughter.

Next on the agenda is Blackmarsh. We enter nicely equipped, and ready for anything. First on my agenda is to reach out to my brotherhood, pay my respects, and try to determine if I can purchase or otherwise acquire a cloak and boots of my kind, as well as goggles which let me see in the dark as well as my lizard man companion. Without those things I fear I am hobbled in my ability to carry out my primary role. Perhaps if I can prove to my brotherhood that I am ready for such treasures, I will be able to acquire them.

I know that beneath the Castle Blackmarsh there are unexplored dungeons, deemed too dangerous to enter. They are also rumored to have magic or other items of power which the elves do not want to fall into the hands of humans or the other lesser races, which is why it is controlled by the elven race. Perhaps that would be a way to gain such recognition.

It troubles me how much the group doesn't realize that elven leadership is what saves the day most times, but they are lesser races, full of arrogance, so I guess I'll have to deal with it. I will attempt to teach them humility by example, but I despair that they will ever develop my level of humility.