Saturday, June 16, 2012

Vesper's WA

 A write-up on my ACKS campaign run by Tenkar on G+ on Saturday night, from the POV of my character Vesper, the Nightblade.

We elves have an inner sense of peace and contentment, a sense of Wa, in elven, which humans do not possess.  Certainly the reptile thing with us does not possess it.  It is a sense of always being flowing, along with the universe, not against it, which give us such remarkable combat prowess. 
From what I am discovering, mixing overly long with non-elves, outside of our peaceful environment and magical enclaves, screws up those vibrations greatly, to the detriment of our simplest abilities.
Fow example, taking 34 arrows to kill one wolf.  That clearly was not my fault, and can only be blamed on the lesser beings I am forced to associate with in my quest for power and glory and expansion of the elven lands.

One more burden I take upon myself, as the gods-annointed savior of my race, whose destiny is to lead them to world domination once again as it was in days of yore.  One lesser-being death at a time.
We cleared the tunnels of the filthy swine, took the gold and glory, and now I await the delivery of my super-arrows and a composite longbow  from the humans. How the humans have developed such bow and arrow technology is beyond me.  They must have stolen it from lost elven tomes.  Which makes sense, in that we have forgotten more about bows and arrows, and all things really, than humans will ever know.  And all that they know comes from us.

On a brighter note, my spell training is now complete.  Perhaps the ability to cast spells will restore my sense of Wa somewhat.