Saturday, June 9, 2012

Is Anyone Else Sick of Kickstarters?

There are a ton of them, most of which are shit, and the bloat is drowning out the few good ones.  I'm annoyed I am missing some of the better ones, but I don't want to have to wade through the crap to find them.  Though I was on a gaming hiatus back then, it reminds me of what people talk about when they refer to the d20 bloat of crappy modules and supplements.  I can appreciate that its the poor man's way to be a publisher and all that, but honestly, ask yourselves, "is it really that good?" before you put it out there as another piece of detritus for the public to wade through in search of something decent.  From what I've seen, the answer to that question more often than not will be "No.  it sucks.  I should go back to my day job."