Tuesday, August 2, 2011

On the Use of "He" or "She" in Gaming Material

Both Zach and Odyssey have interesting points to make.

I'll just say this:  I'll put "she" in there all over the place if I ever publish something.

So you know how big a moment this is:

In college in the late 80's (yeah, I'm an old fuck) I worked at a convenience store which sold cigarettes.  One of the perks of the job was that I got first dibs on any cigarette schwag they passed out to get people to smoke more.  I had unlimited t-shirts, lighters, mugs---and my most prized possessions--Virginia Slims boxer underwear. They were marketing to women, and women in men's boxer's was hot at the time.  (Shit, it's still hot to me.)  The more boxers I had, the less often I had to do laundry.  #Winning!

Anyhow, Virginia Slims' slogan at the time was "You've come a long way baby!"  So I had like 7 boxers with that slogan tattooed all over it.  As a guy who grew up watching All in the Family and thinking that Archie Bunker was usually right BACK THEN-- because that's just how I was brought up--- (yeah, I'm an old fuck)---

--take a look at this, and repeat after me:  We've come a long way baby!

http://bp1.blogger.com/_6zvQXAuXZsA/RsD2jyzcpSI/AAAAAAAAAJg/dws61aCqtaA/s1600-h/AnActual.jpg

Now excuse me as I continue to watch/listen to Lady Gaga's live performance on Howard Stern, and get choked up, after hearing her describe what it's actually about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM

#evolution-of-an-archie-bunker-chauvenist

#Emo-moment

#plus-she-is-hot

#wonder-what-she-would-look-like-in-a-chainmail-bikini

#ok-so-maybe-i-am-still-a-pig