Friday, July 8, 2011

There Needs to be a Skype Pick-up PnP D&D Game Hub

So I'm sitting here tonight, bored, nothing on TV, no movies to see, a rainy lazy night.  I don't want to login to any MMO-type games, and I've read myself to death already today.  What I want to do is join a pick-up D&D group---right now.  But I can't, because although somewhere I'm sure there's a Skype game going on, where they need and would welcome another player, I don't know about it. 

One of you business savvy computer type people ought to get on that project, right away.  You can have scheduled events that people sign up for, and also pickup groups that people list on the spur of the moment, and others can drop in on, if they're having a night like mine, and play a quick module.

Inspiration:  the DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) MMO.  You login, see quests listed for a certain level, see people already in the quest, and you click on it if you want to join.  Bingo, instant gaming.  Works sometimes, but as we all know, a D&D MMO just ain't the same as real PnP D&D.