Sunday, August 2, 2009

Parental PC Tech Support---Uggghh...

Phone rings---8 seconds after I wake up in the morning, and before my first pot of coffee...

Me: "Hello?"

Dad: "Hey Joe, you know the Enter key?"

Me: "Uh, not personally but yeah..."

Dad: "Mine is loose on the laptop. You know how to fix it?"

Me: (Sensing an all day excursion to the parent's house if I give the wrong answer) "No. In fact I had a loose key, it eventually just fell off."

Dad: "Oh. Well maybe I can take it to Best Buy under warranty. It was my fault. I spilled coffee on it."

Me: *Shakes head*

Dad: "And I shook it upside down hard to get all the coffee out."

Me: *Grimaces*

Dad: "Ever since then it's been loose."

Me: "Hmm. Go figure."

Dad: "Well maybe I'll just leave it as it. I don't use the enter key anyway."

Me: !?!?!?!?!? (Well, after I thought about it all he ever does is point and click web browsing, and you don't actually have to type anything to forward 300 spam emails a day to your entire family, so...)

And that's all before the morning (ok, afternoon) coffee....