Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The OGL? All my idea...commissions are owed...

From what was perhaps the first D&D Internet Nerdwar, a post from Usenet where I introduced the idea of something resembling the OGL. It was 1995, and T$R just closed down all FTP sites with gamer created material on them with threats of legal action a year or so earlier. Their first online rep was an unmitigated ass, hated by all. Sean K. Reynolds came onboard, and helped to calm things down a lot. He took a lot of crap, unnecessarily so, and I'll buy him a beer if I ever meet the guy in person for the crap I gave him. I give the guy lots of credit for calming things down.

Anyhow, here's the link, proving once and for all that the OGL was all my idea.

Commissions are owed to me on all OGL sales made since its introduction. Pay up, bitches. :)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.frp.dnd/browse_thread/thread/7acae647605e9c18?q=dimech+license&pli=1