Monday, June 15, 2009

True Blood---I'm an Idiot

So.... I'm watching the season premiere of True Blood last night. You know the scene when Erik, the 1000 year old Viking Vampire, comes down the stairs with the tin foil in his hair? All night I'm wondering WTF that was all about. I went to work today, asked my 5 female co-workers/True Blood maniacs what their thoughts were on the tin foil. I stated my theory---that it was a way to prevent mind control by other vampires.

They looked at me like I had 3 heads.

After much laughter, they told me Erik was getting highlights in his hair, hence the tin foil.

First, like I'm supposed to know that? I've never gotten highlights, nor has any guy I've ever known.

Second, what's up with a Viking Vampire getting highlights? How was I to know that Evil Viking Vampires go all Metrosexual after 1000 years of mass murder and blood sucking?

Third, he interrupts his hair highlighting to come downstairs to get someone to torture? What's up with that?

So, after 30 minutes of ridicule, I snuck away to call my brother to get his take on the tin foil. He said "I dunno. I figure it's so Erik can't get his mind read by Sookie."

Vindication!

I told him to ask his wife (after she watches the scene tonight) what her theory was on the tin foil.

He just called me. He got laughed at too.

The only thing that made me feel better about the day was that one of the women at work, after watching only a couple of episodes of season one, asked us if we thought Lafayette might be gay.